From:
Joseph Lemak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2022 12:08:58 -0400
Dear Mark Twain Forum Members,

Please share with your associated groups.

The Elmira College Center for Mark Twain Studies (CMTS) invites
applications for an assistant director position to be filled immediately.
This is a two year budgeted position with no expectation of renewal at the
end of the two year period.

Working closely with the CMTS director, the successful candidate will be
directly or indirectly involved in almost all facets of CMTS operation,
including

   - assisting in CMTS academic events and lectures
   - assisting in the management of all CMTS budgets
   - processing CMTS gifts and invoices
   - grant writing
   - creating digital content for MarkTwainStudies.org
   - aiding in the preservation efforts of Quarry Farm and the Mark Twain
   Study.

Ideal applicants will possess a Ph.D. or be an advanced graduate student.
Applicants from a wide variety of academic fields will be considered,
including but not limited to, American literature, American history,
African-American Studies, Museum Studies, Digital Humanities, and
Preservation Architecture.

CMTS is known and respected world-wide as one of the premier sites for the
research and study of Mark Twain, his literature, his world, and his
reception.  The assistant director will have the opportunity to have
research opportunities at Quarry Farm, the famous home where Mark Twain
wrote the largest portions of his most iconic works, and current scholar’s
writing and research retreat.  The assistant director will also have the
opportunity to work with scholars from around the world through the Quarry
Farm Fellowship Program, annual symposia, the numerous CMTS lecture series,
and CMTS’ day-to-day service for the academic community.

If you require alternative methods of application or screening, please
contact the Office of Human Resources directly by emailing [log in to unmask],
or by calling 607-735-1810.

Elmira College, the first college to offer a comprehensive curriculum for
women, and home of the Center for Mark Twain Studies, is a small,
well-established, residential, liberal arts college in a pleasant community
in the Finger Lakes region of New York State (county population 100,000).

Application materials, including a curriculum vita, and a list of three
professional references with names, titles, addresses, and phone numbers
should be emailed to Dr. Joseph Lemak, the Director of the Center for Mark
Twain Studies, at [log in to unmask]  Inquiries about the position should
also be addressed to Dr. Lemak.

Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees and
Students and their families; visitors to our campus; and the community at
large from COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical
or religious exemption is required for employment and enrollment.
Notwithstanding any language herein, Elmira College will comply with any
state, local, or federal orders, statutes, or regulations that may conflict
with the COVID-19 vaccination policy.

Elmira College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the
diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or
expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our educational programs
and activities or our employment practices.

Work Location: This position is not remote.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled.

*Joseph Lemak, PhD*
Director of the Center for Mark Twain Studies
Assistant Professor of History
(He/Him/His)

Rose Office, Cowles Hall
Elmira College