From:
Kent Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2018 18:50:09 -0500
It appears that at least six forum members have purchased or ordered the
books. The dealer tells me that he has run out of stock in his Detroit store
but will get more copies from his long-term storage facility on Monday,
unless it's closed for Presidents' Day, in which case he'll get the books on
Tuesday. Meanwhile, he's hesitant to take orders before he has the books
physically in his hands. If you don't wish to wait until then, you can write
to the dealer (through the link on his eBay page) and ask to reserve a set.

Meanwhile, I'll share the first note the dealer sent to me last week. When I
discovered he was selling the books on eBay, I bought the first two sets and
asked him if they had been recently discovered. Here's his reply:

"In fact we did recently unearth a cache of those books. My father was the
publisher of this title and as we are going through the warehouse of his
substantial book collection we found several boxes of Huck Finn in like new
condition. I know he liked to give them out to friends and acquaintances as
gifts, long after the title was no longer marketed or sold. ... Dad offered
staff books to use as gifts around Christmas time each year and so many
copies found their way into local book collections (and sometimes on to
dealer shelves)"