AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Suzanne Dubeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2013 15:23:35 -0400
Dear colleagues...

I am writing at the request of some co-workers.

Does your institution do pickups of archival donations at the donor's
home or business?
If so, does your institution use a checklist of best practices that you
would be willing to share?

The kind of checklist of interest could be one that you could provide a
donor to help prepare for a pickup by your staff. For example:

How many boxes?

Are there any hazardous conditions for which to be prepared:
- mold?
- smokers in the house?
- firearms?

Are there any stairs?
How many flights of stairs?

We are in the process of developing something of the kind which I will
be happy to share when complete. Trying to identify high-risk situations
outside of conference presentations, etc. ;)

Many thanks,
Suzanne

--

Suzanne Dubeau, MISt
Acting Head, Clara Thomas Archives & Special Collections