From:
Tiago Mata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2017 23:09:33 +0100
Dear colleagues,

The European Society for the History of Science is holding its 8th
annual meeting at UCL (Institute of Education) from 14 to 18 September
2018. The call is here:
http://www.eshs.org/Oct-2017-8th-ESHS-Conference-London-2018.html

The meeting's central theme is: "‘Unity and Disunity’, as explained in
the call "This can be interpreted very broadly, to address, amongst
other topics, unity and disunity within and across diverse sciences,
nations, periods, and historiographies; unity and disunity as ideals
and realities; and unity and disunity as characterizing relations
between the sciences and politics, technology, economics, and the
arts."

The deadline for session submissions has been extended to December 17.
If anyone is interested in participating please contact me off list.

I have a few ideas for sessions themes, such as: the history of
statistics and biometrics and the development of economic measurement;
the publics of political economy in 19th century London; and business
intelligence and its pathways into social and natural science. These
are my own pet interests where unity and disunity is not hard to
trace, but I am happy to look for common ground with other interests
and themes.

With my best wishes,
Tiago Mata