From:
Luca Fiorito <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2019 21:30:20 +0100
To my knowledge one of the first explicit discussions of "moral
hazard" by an economist is to be found in
Risk as an Economic Factor
John Haynes
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 9, No. 4 (Jul., 1895), pp. 409-449
As you crrectly state, Haynes writes: Lack of moral character gives
rise to a class of risks known by insurance men as moral hazard.
LF