From:
Peter Salwen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2017 18:58:45 -0400
Thanks, all. Alan, I'm really looking forward to your updated "Library."

Meanwhile l have been intrigued and perhaps enlightened by Emily Auerbach's
article on the subject in the Winter 1999 issue of Virginia Quarterly
Review ("Did Mark Twain really Hate Jane Austen?"
http://www.vqronline.org/essay/barkeeper-entering-kingdom-heaven-did-mark-twain-really-hate-jane-austen
).

"Twain and Austen both belong in that pantheon of the world’s great
authors," she concludes, "perhaps winking at each other when they think no
one is looking."

 -- Pete Salwen

*Peter Salwen /* salwen.com
*114 W 86, NYC 10024 | 917-620-5371*