From:
Thomas Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2020 12:32:36 +0200
Dear Federico,

Columbia has some archives. I know for sure that they have Hotelling’s letters and papers, that are currently available. Antoine Missemer and Marion Gaspard have done some remarquable work on digitalizing part of it. You should ask them for access.

If my memory is correct Mitchell, Tugwell and some other institutionalists were important during the interwar period. Tugwell was later an advisor for the New Deal program (Annie Cot is currently working on Tugwell, she may know more about archival resources).
Moore was also at Columbia; he retired from his position in 1931, and Hotelling replaced him. Wald joined later Hotelling's research group. Both Hotelling and Wald did important work in statistics (Hotelling starting from the 1920) and were hired during ww2 in the war effort, but their specific research at that moment is not in the archive.

I am currently working on that story, if you need more informations.

Good luck for your work

Thomas Mueller