From:
Mason Gaffney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:56:20 -0700
Patrick Spread reveals much truth about the worst in academic and other
intellectual discourse, but in the process he goes, I believe, too far.
Many thinkers and writers are moved by honest curiosity and quest for truth.
They may be a small minority, but their findings and idealism vindicate the
whole intellectual enterprise.

The confirmed cynic twists idealism itself into a form of egotism. With that
kind of wordplay we can quibble forever, but I think most people can see
through it without my dwelling on the obvious.