From:
Joe Blosser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2009 08:34:23 -0400
Friends,

I am preparing an interactive lecture geared for a non-academic
community on the invisible hand as a "great idea" in history that has
changed the way we think about the world (mostly with a focus in
economics, but also with some mention of its impact in other fields).
I want to spice together some images and clips from popular movies,
tv, or art that make reference to the idea, and I would appreciate your help.

Right now I know of the reference to Smith and the hand in "A
Beautiful Mind," "Wall Street," and an early episode of "Family Ties"
by the Friedman-loving Alex P. Keaton. Do you all know of other films
or TV shows that either directly reference the invisible hand or
allude to it or an interpretation of it?

Thanks,
Joe Blosser