AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Julia Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julia Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 12:05:09 -0400
Please excuse cross-postings.

The Toronto Area Archivists Group (taag) have arranged a tour of the
Toronto Island Archives for Thursday 31 July 2008.
The plan is to take the 5:30pm ferry to Ward's Island (cost is $6.50
return), grab a bite at the Gravity Coffehouse (whatever $ you want to
spend), and proceed to Algonquin Island at about 6:30pm. Volunteer
archivist, Albert Fulton, will give us a talk at the archives and a walk
around Algonquin Island.

This tour was very popular when we did it 4 years ago so, please rsvp to
me at [log in to unmask] as there will likely be a waiting list!

There is an article featuring the Mr. Fulton and the Archives in today's
(2 July) Toronto Star p. A13 and online at URL:
http://www.thestar.com/article/452448

The City of Toronto Parks website about the Islands, including a map,
directions to the ferry docks and ferry times, can be accessed at URL:
http://www.toronto.ca/parks/island/summerschedule.htm

The Toronto Island Community website can be accessed at URL:
http://torontoisland.org/

--
Julia Holland, Archives Assistant