From:
Robert Leeson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 03:57:26 -0800
Doesn't this depend on the nature of the production function over the relevant range?

What would be the consequences of a rise in the minimum wage for fast food employees? Some of the 2nd order effects should not be ignored: e.g. moving towards full cost pricing (crowding-in via a reduction in budget deficits through reduced welfare payments; a reduction in our "collective gut" - in effect, a rise in price = a fat tax - ...)

My point is not that minimum wages must be increased - but that Hayek was offering un-nuanced advocacy.

RL