AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
"Hill, Amanda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hill, Amanda
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2019 19:27:55 +0000
Good afternoon,

The members of the host committee are looking forward to welcoming delegates of the 2019 AAO Conference to Belleville in May. This email is to let you know about the various social events that will be going on around the conference.

We have arranged three tours for Wednesday May 8th:
1) A breakfast tour of the Lennox and Addington Museum and Archives in Napanee (9.30-11am)
2) Tour of Glanmore National Historic Site in Belleville (3.30-4pm)
3) Graveyards and Gallows walking tour of Picton (3.30-4pm)

Transport to these sites is not provided, but we encourage drivers and passengers to sign up to our ride-sharing lists (more details and maps are available on the social events page at https://aao-archivists.ca/Social-Events).

On the evening of May 8th the First Timers and Opening Receptions are both happening downtown in the Belleville Public Library building, which is home to both the Community Archives of Belleville and Hastings County and the John M. Parrott Art Gallery. We are grateful to Belleville Transit who are providing free bus travel within Belleville to conference badge holders for the conference days of May 8th to 10th.

On Thursday evening, a bus will bring delegates to the Conference Banquet, which will take place on the banks of the Moira River, on the site of the former Corby's Distillery. A tour of the Signal Brewery (https://www.signal.beer/) is on offer, followed by dinner next door at Henry's Place.

Registration for the conference and the social events is now open at https://aao-archivists.ca/2019, with early-bird rates available until the end of March.

We look forward to seeing you in May!

Amanda

Amanda Hill
On behalf of the Local Arrangements Committee for #aao19conf

Community Archives of Belleville and Hastings County
254 Pinnacle Street
Belleville ON K8N 3B1
613-967-3304
http://cabhc.ca/