From:
[log in to unmask] (rakesh bhandari)
Date:
See Paul Samuelson, "Schumpeter as an Economic Theorist" in *Schumpeterian
Economics*, ed. Helmut Frisch.  NY: Prager Publishers, 1981: 15

In a  a presently unpublished paper on the Schumpeter/Hayek debate,
Riccardo Bellofiore has concentrated on bank credit as the *differentia
specifica* of capitalism in Schumpeter's theory.  He argues:
"...Hayek...failed to recognize the existence of an in-built element of
planning within capitalism as essential to the working of entrepreneurial
competition.  The notion of a totally unplanned economy, an economy that
dispenses with the 'central' planning by banks (and government), seems to
be an impossible dream, a Utopia which destroys actual capitalism."
Bellofiore also argues: "...it is striking how much of the economic policy
blueprint put forward in Schumpeter's writings of the twenties--with his
stress on credit rationing and selection, industrial policy, state support
in foreign competition--reminds of the Japanese and South Korean economic
miracles."

I am sorry that I do not have publication information for this paper.

Rakesh Bhandari
Ph.D. Candidate
Group in Ethnic Studies
University of California, Berkeley