From:
Steve Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2020 09:15:07 +0000
Greetings, all!

Again, thanks to all who tuned in (is that the correct term?) to our inaugural interview in the virtual "Trouble at Home" series, which fills in for the absence of the spring session of our 10-year-old "The Trouble Begins at 5:30" program. We welcomed, in the end, 190 people to the interview with Dr. Kerry Discoll on her work at the Mark Twain Papers & Project.

This Thursday, May 28, you can enjoy the second of our series -- "Susy Clemens Speaks," focusing on the Clemenses' extraordinary eldest daughter, with Grace DiModugno, one of the Mark Twain scholars who make up the historical interpretation corps here at the Mark Twain House. DiModugno plays the role of Susy in the Hartford home's Living History program, which gives visitors a chance to be shown the house by those who lived and worked there, in effect. A historian and theater major -- she played the same role in Bruce Michelson's one-act "Waiting for Susy" in its Hartford version -- she has studied her subject deeply and portrays her engagingly.

I'll be the interviewer, and as before, it's free. We plan to to talk about Susy, and about her role in the family, and about the joys and pitfalls of the Living History way of presenting public history.

Again, Thursday, May 28, at 5:30 p.m. EDT. Again, it's free. The link to register is here:

https://marktwainhouse.org/troubleathomesusy

-- In other news, Elmira never departed from its spring session of "The Trouble Begins at Eight," and offers audio of its wonderful offerings here: https://marktwainstudies.com/online-resources/trouble-begins-at-eight-archives/

-- And though I said 190 people watched the Kerry Driscoll's interview "in the end," it doesn't end -- you can still see the whole thing at https://www.crowdcast.io/e/trouble--home

Best,
Steve

Steve Courtney