From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2022 19:09:30 -0700
You're correct.  I must have had some mistake in my search criteria.  I
no longer see any reference to Berkeley.   But I also can find no
reference to letters sent by Sam Moffett before August 6th.  There are
several addressed to him but I see nothing about destinations (where he
might have been).  Many of these are from Pamela in Fredonia.  The first
previous letter from Sam Moffett I see is from San Francisco, February
of 1895.  So, he may or may not have been along for the journey.