From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 2020 10:50:27 -0700
In February of 1892 Sam and Livy departed Berlin  for the warmer climes
of the French Riviera, the town of Merton.  I'm attempting to map the
route they took but can find no indication of the towns they may have
passed through.  I have an 1896 map that shows the railroads that
existed in Europe at that time and it displays quite a complex web.

It seems likely they returned via the same route they took to get to
Berlin, through Frankfurt and Basel, but I don't know that.

I don't have access to Sam's 1892 journals and Fears makes no mention of
stops on the way.  Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.