From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
======================== HES POSTING ====================

The HES editors are pleased to announce the establishment of a searchable
database of information on archival resources in the history of economics.
The initial database is quite small (about 35 collections), but more will
be added, and researchers who use archival material that is not included
are encouraged to add information to the database themselves.

Some of you know that I have been collecting information for this
Internet guide for some time. The information gathered is the basis for
the initial material in the database. However, I have not had time to
enter all the information I collected and will be adding more over the
next couple of months.

Special thanks to Neil Niman, who designed the search
engine for the database and hosts the Internet guide on his website. We
still have a few wrinkles to work out, and would accept any advice from
those who use the page.

The Internet Guide to Archival Resources for the History of Economics
HTTP://orbit.unh.edu/hes/archive.htm

To Contribute to the Internet Guide:
HTTP://orbit.unh.edu/hes/contribute.htm

You may also reach the Internet Guide from the History of Economics
Society homepage "Other Resources" page:
http://www.eh.net/~HisEcSoc/other_resources.shtml

Ross B. Emmett                Editor, HES and CIRLA-L
Augustana University College
e-mail: [log in to unmask]