Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2023 22:38:18 -0500
From:
"John H. Muller" <[log in to unmask]>
The essay is very persuasive and thoroughly compiled.

However, Twain and Douglass had a more extensive relationship than is
alluded to and/or cited in the essay. They shared shared several mutual
associations and connections within circle of politics and journalism (i.e.
George Alfred Townsend), as well I have been able to document their meeting
- in private and public - on several occasions not cited nor mentioned in
the article.

I am currently working on a brief blog post that will document one of these
occasions that has evaded all existing scholarship with the fields of Twain
Studies and Douglass Studies.

respectfully,
John

--
John Muller
https://tinyurl.com/LostHistoryTours

*Frederick Douglass in Washington, D.C: The Lion of Anacostia
<http://www.amazon.com/Frederick-Douglass-Washington-D-c-Anacostia/dp/1609495772/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=H42HP4SBZ8OA&coliid=I34OMAR1SV8L9G>*
[The
History Press, 2012]  Winner of 2013 DC READS
*Mark Twain in Washington, D.C.: The Adventures of a Capital Correspondent*
<http://amzn.to/19PzIFd> [The History Press, 2013]