From:
[log in to unmask] (Humberto Barreto)
Date:
================= HES POSTING =================
Hi,

I have a friend who asked me a question that I knew little about, but I was
hoping my friendly HESers could help me out with.  If you have suggestions,
please let me know and I will make sure to get it to her.  Thanks.
***
> Dear Bert,
>
> I am preparing a seminar course for our honors program titled "The Idea
>of Progress and
> its Critics".  I am working with a catholic theologian who is considering
>the notion of
> progress in the tradition of Catholic thought and religious life.  We
>have been reading
> a book by Christopher Lasch "The True and Only Heaven", a book by Albert
>Borgmann
> "Crossing the Postmodern Divide", and a variety of other things.
>
> To make a long story short, I am looking for sources on economics and
>progress, not
> development really, but rather more thoughtful reflections on the bigger
>questions.
***

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

Humberto Barreto
Wabash College
Crawfordsville, IN 47933

e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Phone:   (317) 361-6315

"Hatuey le pregunto al padre si iban al cielo cristianos . . . [y] concluyo
diciendo que no queria ir alla, pues ellos alla iban y estaban . . . y
entonces lo quemaron."
Bartolome de las Casas