From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
================= HES POSTING =================

Dear HESers:

We are pleased to announce a new feature on HES: monthly guest editorials!

The editorials will be short provocative essays written to stimulate
discussion on new topics of interest to historians of economics.  Some of
the topics discussed will suggest new lines of research, others will
address old issues in new ways. We also intend to invite editorials that
provide historians of economics greater familiarity with the creation of
Internet resources in the history of economics.

We encourage you to respond to the editorials by posting a message to the
list.The discussion about each editorial will be archived both in the HES
list archives and via a separate web site for the guest editorials. The
latter site will be especially useful for instructors who wish to assign
the editorials for classroom reading -- students will have access to the
editorials, the conversation emerging from them, and related links.

The first editorial, by Roy Weintraub, will be posted on Monday, September
9. Subsequent editorials will be posted near the beginning of each month
throughout the academic year.

We invite you to nominate individuals to write editorials (including
yourself!), and/or to suggest topics. You can respond privately to any of
the editors of HES:

Ross Emmett <[log in to unmask]>
Esther-Mirjam Sent <[log in to unmask]>
Bert Barreto <[log in to unmask]>.