From:
[log in to unmask] (Barkley Rosser)
Date:
I did not mean to suggest or imply that one cannot "learn economics" from studying HE.  I
think that from various of the three that I have listed one can indeed learn useful
economics as well as useful things about economics, if these can be separated.  I fully
agree with the argument of Michael Perelman that how ideas have evolved are very important
in what they are now.  We are not simply dealing with a "toolbox" whose past is of no
interest, as the "Whiggish" view implies.

I shall eschew the invitation to comment on whether or how the listed works fit in or do
not fit in with my three categories, but I will not categorically deny that there might be
other categories than those I listed.

Barkley Rosser