From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
=================== HES POSTING ======================

For those following this discussion who are interested in more information
about Karl Polanyi and the recent interest in his work, I have assembled
the following list of web resources:

"Karl Polanyi: Some Observations," by A. J. H. LATHAM (University College
of Swansea) -- An Electronic Seminars in History Presentation
http://ihr.sas.ac.uk/ihr/esh/archpolanyi.html

Abstract of "The Great Transformation -- fifty years later," by Philip
Smith. The author can be contacted directly at [log in to unmask]
http://www.frt.fy.chalmers.se/amst/workshops/ws21/smith.html

"Neoliberalism in Latin America: A Critique in the Framework of Karl
Polanyi," by Daniel D. E. Rounds. Student paper published in The
International Relations Journal, San Francisco State University
http://psirus.sfsu.edu/IntRel/IRJournal/wi95/w95neoliberalism.html

Finally, I should mention that the ECONHIST discussion group, which was
the procursor to Eh.Res, Eh.News and Eh.disc (all Eh.Net lists) had a
wide-ranging (and acrimonious!) discussion of issues arising from
Polanyi's work back in 1995. The discussion emerged in January and
continued through March. For a number of reasons, ECONHIST was divided
into three lists at the end of April 1995. The ECONHIST archives are at:
http://www.eh.net/Archives/econhist/

Ross B. Emmett                Editor, HES and CIRLA-L
Augustana University College
e-mail: [log in to unmask]