From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
====================== HES POSTING ===================

One of the editors of the American National Biography recently told me
that there was an acknowledgement of Earl J. Hamilton in Keynes' _General
Theory._ I cannot find any mention of Hamilton, although Keynes'
discussion of the economic history of Spain appears to be based on
Hamilton's 1934 book _American Treasure and the Price Revolution in
Spain, 1501-1650_.

I'm wondering if anyone more familiar with Keynes' work has come across
aknowledgement of Hamilton in Keynes' book or any other references to
Hamilton in the Keynes' corpus.

References should be sent to me personally, and I'll post a followup
message with "the answer" to my query.

Thanks for your help!

Ross B. Emmett
Manager, Electronic Information, History of Economics Society
Augustana University College
e-mail: [log in to unmask]