From:
[log in to unmask] (Paul Wendt)
Date:
===================== HES POSTING ====================

Several announcements regarding lodging in Montreal this June:

1. CONFERENCE HOTEL: please inform conference coordinator
Valerie Cauchemez <[log in to unmask]> of all changes in registration.
It is not sufficient to contact the hotel directly.  If you don't believe
it, see the note from VC, appended below!

2. UNIVERSITY RESIDENCES: lodging is available for the Conference nights
and also for the preceding and following nights for those who would like
to arrange a longer visit.  Contact Valerie Cauchemez

3. CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION will be mailed in early May.  (This is
critical for hotel lodging.   It sounds to me like university lodging will
be flexible in June; not sold out for the festivals.)

For information on the 1998 Conference or on Montreal and Quebec, consult
our HES'98 site:
        http://www.eh.net/ehnet/HisEcSoc/Conferences/98.shtml
(or via "Announcements" on the homepage).

******forwarded

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 17:04:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: Valerie Cauchemez <[log in to unmask]> Subject: HES'98: lodging

.. . .
Some participants have been contacting the hotel directly to make changes
to their registration. Could you warn everybody that I match the
information I have with the hotel's and [my record] prevails in the end.
.. . .