Date:
There was a glitch in getting the H.E.S. registration materials sent out.
The
mailing went out on Monday, April 10.  I realize a number of HESers are
growing restless about not receiving their registration mailing.  I think
the
problem is solved, but am not certain.  I would like people to notify me by
e-mail and let me know WHEN YOU RECEIVE your registration forms.  This is
the
best way I have of checking on whether we still have a problem or not.
HOWEVER, DO NOT SEND your completed registration form to me, SEND IT to the
Notre Dame return address.  Sending it to me will only delay matters.
     To help you do some financial planning, here are some cost estimates:
registration fee = $75
Single dorm rooms @ $23 a night.
Breakfast and lunch (grouped together) for Saturday and for Sunday -- less
than
$20 per day.
Friday dinner, Saturday Banquet Honoring the Founders, and Sunday's
President's Banquet average less than $20 each.
     If you have items that you wish brought before the Executive Committee,
send me an e-mail.
     Sorry about the confusion, I hope it is fixed, but let me know.
Jim Henderson
President-elect, History of Economics Society
Office (219) 464 - 5404  (with VOICE MAIL)