From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
Forwarded by Ross B. Emmett from H-AMSTDY

>Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995
>From: Judith A Miller <[log in to unmask]>

The Economic History Association invites proposals for panels and
papers for the next meeting to be held Sept 6-8, 1996, in Berkeley,
California.  The Association wishes to make a special effort to draw more
historians back into the field.  The theme is "Comparative History."
Ideally, the program will offer a broad spectrum of methods and topics,
from more mathematically-oriented to more historical treatments of
economic topics, such as ideologies and practices.  Panels generally have
5-7 participants: 3 paper-givers and 2-3 commentators (usually one per
paper), and a chair.  The program committee can be of some help putting
potential panelists in touch with each other and we are actively seeking
interested historians with expertise in economic issues.  We prefer
complete panels, but will consider individual paper proposals.  The
committee, of course, reserves the right to determine which papers are
accepted and may create panels from individual submissions or papers that
were on panels that were not accepted.

The deadline for proposals is January 15, 1996.  Send two copies of the
abstract for each proposed paper (or the paper itself, if possible), to
Avner Greif, Dept, of Economics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94350.

For further information, contact Prof. Greif at [log in to unmask]

Tim Guinnane (Yale Economics Dept.) and Judith Miller (Emory University,
History Dept.) are the other members of the program committee.

We hope you will consider sending in a proposal.

Judith A. Miller                               Ph: 404-727-6564
Dept. of History                               Fax: 404-727-4959
Emory University                               Email: [log in to unmask]
Atlanta, GA 30322