From:
[log in to unmask] (Esther-Mirjam Sent)
Date:
================= HES POSTING =================

**********Forwarded to HES by Esther-Mirjam Sent**********

THE VEBLEN SOCIETY FOR THE
HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF ECONOMICS

Our next meeting will be held on September 21th, 1996,
at the Conference Center of De Paul University, Room 8005,
1 East Jackson Boulevard, Chicago.

Our distinguished speakers will be:

9:30 a.m.  Andrew Pickering, University of Illinois
THEORY AND HISTORIOGRAPHY: THE MANGLE OF PRACTICE

1:30 p.m.   Robert Leonard, University of Quebec at Montreal
FROM MATHEMATICAL TO SOCIAL ORDER:
KARL MENGER'S VIENNA, 1927-1938

PARKING: is available at Wabash just south of the University.
To obtain the De Paul rate, get your ticket verified at the
information desk, first floor of the Conference Center.

VEBLEN SOCIETY RESERVATIONS

September 21, 1996

9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

De Paul University, Chicago

NAME

ADDRESS

PHONE

E-MAIL

To defray the cost of lunch and reproduction of the papers,
we request that you send a check for $15 payable to the
Veblen Society.

Please indicate your participation and return
this form with check to:

Philip Mirowski
Economics Department
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5639

_____  Lunch

_____  Send copies of both papers (reservations
          must be received by September 10th
          to receive papers by mail)

_____  $15 (U.S. dollars) to Veblen Society enclosed

For more information, contact Sylvia Phillips:
phone   (219) 631-8294
e-mail  [log in to unmask]

Organized by:
John Davis, Marquette University
Philip Mirowski,  University of Notre Dame

Sylvia A. Phillips                      PH:  219-631-8294
416 Decio Hall                          FAX:   219-631-8209
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN  46556-5644

Assistant to:
Dr. Maureen Hallinan                    Dr. Philip Mirowski
White Chair of Sociology                Koch Chair of Economics
Past President of the                   &  the History of Science
American Sociological Association