From:
[log in to unmask] (Dr Roger Middleton)
Date:
================= HES POSTING =================

Assistance sought please.

In his HES editorial Bruce Caldwell ascribes to Keynes the description of
Sraffa as the most leisured man he had ever met. Bruce is unable to recall
where he found the quote and I wonder if anybody else has a source for it,
or as Bruce suggests, knows from where else in Keynes's circle it might
have come. I have
checked the index to the Keynes collected writings, but found nothing.

For the record:  I am writing a little section on Sraffa as part of a book
on the British economics profession from Marshall to Meade.

Many thanks

Roger Middleton

___
Dr Roger Middleton
Senior Lecturer in Economic History
University of Bristol
13 Woodland Road
Bristol BS8 1TB
United Kingdom

Tel. +44 (0) 117 928 7931  Fax. +44 (0) 117 928 8276
Email [log in to unmask]
URL   http://www.bristol.ac.uk/~hirm/rmhome.html
___