From:
[log in to unmask] (Humberto Barreto)
Date:
Fri Jun 20 09:31:28 2008
Well, I know that everyone hates the ump (ref, for you soccer fans)
and I'm really not looking for sympathy here, but I do want the 971
members of the History of Economics Societies email list to know that
your moderator is not asleep at the switch.

I have rejected several messages over the last few days in an attempt
to keep the various conversations within the bounds of the History of
Economics.

The difficulty for me as moderator has been that people are mixing
history of economics, dropping names like Mises, Friedman, and Hayek,
while carrying on a conversation that's not really HOT.  I don't think this
list is the place for this.  There are many other lists where you can
argue to your heart's content about capitalism and politics.  And
please remember that you are always free to directly email someone,
taking the discussion off list.

I would also remind everyone that you do not have to have the last word. It's OK to just stop.

This ump doesn't need to be loved, but he sure would appreciate your help in maintaining a high quality discussion list dedicated to the History of Economics.

If you have suggestions or feedback for me, I am happy to listen. I
hope to see many of you at the HES meetings in Toronto,

Humberto Barreto