From:
[log in to unmask] (Agnes Miklos Illes)
Date:

I am just reading an unpublished paper from Gerald Jorland presented at the
workshops "The coming into being and passing away of scientific objects" in
Berlin last summer. His paper deals with value theories in economics (1776
-
1976).  Here he mentions that Margaret Shabas was pondering why economics
is so
chary of creating new phenomena . Can anyone tell me which papers of
Margaret
Shabas could he mean?
(He doesn't mention literature in this point.)

As far as the object of economics consernd I find the birth of new economic
disciplines also very interesting. In the epoch I have been working on at
the
moment, the turn of the centery in German economics, are
"Betriebswirtschaftslehre" and "Weltwirtschaftslehre" (worldeconomics) such
new
disciplines.  It would be nice to see developments in english-speaking
world in
the same period .
I am glad to get any notes and/or suggestion on literature (also to the
birth
of that disciplines in Germany).

Thank you in advance and Happy New Year,

Agnes Miklos Illes