AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Karen Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:02:38 -0400
The curator at the Wellington County Museum & Archives, Susan Dunlop is currently researching for a major installation on the building in which we are housed, originally the Wellington County House of Industry & Refuge.
In the late 19th and early 20th century, Thomas Connon Sr. and son John Connon took glass plate negatives into which they made lantern slides and photos of this building, of the residents here, of the laundry and wash-houses, matron & keeper etc.
We are aware of the Connon collections at the Archives of Ontario and the University of Guelph Special Collections.
We are hoping to find other Connon slides, negs, photos of the buildings and residents, matron and keeper etc. that may exist in other collections.  Many of them went untitled.
If you have any Connon images in your collection could you please contact me offline : [log in to unmask]
Many thanks,
Karen
Karen Wagner, Archivist
Wellington County Museum and Archives