From:
Barbara Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2023 16:12:37 -0500
My first encounter with AI Chatbot — Today a correspondent wrote and asked
about an old 1987 paperback novel titled NEVER THE TWAIN by Kirk Mitchell
with a cover by artist James Gurney. The jacket featured an illustration of
Mark Twain. The question was who should he contact to get permission to use
it in a magazine article? When I went online to contact Gurney, I noticed
he now had a ChatBot to answer questions. Wow! it provided information
regarding ownership, copyrights, permissions of the jacket cover. Chatbot
and I got into a discussion about Mark Twain and it even discussed and
provided links to how Gurney drew that cover jacket as well as another
drawing I did not know about. Gurney's website and his link to Chatbot is
here --

https://jamesgurney.com

Links the chatbot gave me:

https://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/2021/02/cover-for-never-twain.html

https://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/2021/09/joe-baer-as-mark-twain.html

All in all, an interesting preview of literary research supported by AI.

Barb