From:
[log in to unmask] (Robin Foliet Neill)
Date:
====================== HES POSTING ===================

H.A. Innis wrote a paper entitled "The Strategy of Culture".  Innis,
of course, was an Institutionalist.  The Historical Economics of Cliffe
Leslie, the distinctive economics of Veblen, and the economics of
"American Institutionalists" were all attempts to expose the effects of
institutions, habits, and customs on economic behavior.  These three
embody values.  When I put the four together (values, customs, habits, and
institutions)  I think I have the substance of culture, insofar as it
affects economic behavior.  Quite a lot has been written on the
relationship of economics and culture.

Robin Neill