From:
Barkley Rosser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:41:22 -0500
I would strongly suggest that he be labeled "Friedrich Hayek," not "Frederick."
He Anglicized his name enough on his own by dropping the "von" after he started
publishing in English.  People should be labeled as they called
themselves, especially
if they published in English as they called themselves in their
English language publications.

Thus, we call him "John von Neumann," although he was originally "Janos" in
Hungarian, because that is what he called himself in his English
language publications,
but we do not turn Jean Tirole into "John Tirole," as he still goes
by "Jean" when he
publishes in English, which he mostly does.

Barkley Rosser