From:
"Tieben, B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 08:26:12 +0000
Steven,

Your question is far from uninteresting. Perhaps this is not the right forum to answer this question. You need to consult the department of macroeconomics. There, the last Keynesian left the building decades ago. My generation was brought up doing macro along the lines of Blanchard and Fischer (1989). We visited seminars of Paul Romer, who bluntly declared that he 'hated the government'. I never felt at home with the New Keynesians and their focus on the proper proper microfoundations for their Keynesian models. Here the message is one of technique rather than policy. In that regard it is not surprising that 'post'  Keynesians (whatever that means) argue that such models ignore the 'real' message of the General Theory, namely that the economy inhibits fundamental uncertainty. What I am trying to say is that old-style Keynesianism with aggregate demand and all that is terribly out of vogue with modern macroeconomists. To make it worse, the majority of them has absolutely no idea what Austrian economics means.

Bert Tieben

Amsterdam, The Netherlands