AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Leith Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 23:06:43 -0400
I've been following the discussion with Jim Craig, Paul Henry and Jim
Purser regarding FileMaker Pro (FMP) with some interest.  I use FMP 5
Mac at home and FMP 5 PC at work.  I have successfuly adapted FMP for
the records retention schedule.  I used the Association of Municipal
Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario (AMCTO) matrix from their Ontario
Municial Records Retention Guide (1999)--well worth the purchase.
The AMCTO used Word 97 to develop the matrix, but I was able to
transfer the same format into FMP, and had the added advantage of
being able to sort fields.

Perhaps all the FMPers could get together and pool their resources,
or have a workshop?  Just a thought.