AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Pat and Bob Hasler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:44:47 -0400
The Paris Museum and Historical Society is looking at purchasing a
microfilm/fiche reader/printer/scanner.  We have asked companies to send us
quotes.  The most popular machines seem to be the Canon MS 400 and Canon MS
800.

Has any one purchased either of these machines?  If you have, what are the
pros and cons for either of them?  Is there any other machines anyone would
like to recommend?

We do have an archive of sorts as well as a small museum.  In our archives
located at the Paris Library, we have thousands of photographs, deeds,
documents, letters etc. and a large microfilm collection.

This is my first time using the AAO list.  If we can be of help to anyone
regarding anything relevant to Paris, Ontario, please contact me.  We have
a number of volunteers willing to do searches.

Bob Hasler
President
Paris Museum and Historical Society