Date:
Fri Mar 31 17:18:32 2006
From:
        Most of the writers seem enthusiastic about the family tree idea. Of
course, the internet is the place to do this. It beats collecting and
sending
pornographic pictures.

        If we regard the history of thought as the history of University
Professors, Nobel Prize winners, or writers with the most citations; then
the
family tree is the way to go. After it is built, we could add some tinsel,
balls, and put an angel on top.

        If we regard the history of thought as the history of improved ideas, we
have a chance to build a scholarly community. Of people, not branches and
leaves.
A scholarly community -- wouldn't that be something?

Pat Gunning
Taiwan