From:
Bruce Caldwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:09:13 -0400
I am pleased to announce that the Center for the History of Political
Economy at Duke University has been awarded a grant by the National
Endowment for the Humanities to support a Summer Institute to be held
at Duke June 6 - 25, 2010. The institute will bring 25 faculty
members from colleges and universities in the US with no previous
experience teaching history of economic thought to Duke for a three
week "Boot Camp," with the goal that the participants will go back to
their home institutions both prepared and eager to teach an
undergraduate course in the field. A number of HES members (past or
present Society presidents all, in fact) will serve as lecturers and
discussion leaders, including Brad Bateman, Bruce Caldwell, Craufurd
Goodwin, Kevin Hoover, Steve Medema, Sandy Peart, and Roy Weintraub.
We are hopeful that this institute, if successful, will be continued
in future years, and that if alternative sources of funding become
available, could be opened up to include graduate students and non-US
citizens. (The current constraints on eligibility are due to NEH rules.)

Bruce Caldwell