AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:15:27 -0400
7bit
From:
Suzanne Dubeau <[log in to unmask]>
CAIN Grant Funding

I am pleased to announce that ARCHEION is the recipient of another CAIN
grant for the current fiscal year.  This grant will allow the AAO to
hire two roving archivists who will assist member archival institutions
in Ontario to prepare descriptions of their holdings for submission to
ARCHEION, Ontario's Archival Information Network.

We are counting on our member institutions to participate in making this
endeavour a success.  I invite all institutions to start planning now to
take advantage of this opportunity since time is of the essence.
Further details will follow via regular post as soon as they are
available.

This project has been made possible by financial assistance from the
Government of Canada through the National Archives of Canada and the
Canadian Council of Archives.

--
Suzanne Dubeau
Chair, ARCHEION Special Committee