From:
Robert Leeson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2014 04:07:57 -0700
"17th most important economist in the world" are E. Roy's words.

Tom Coupe's European Economic Association analysis relates to "1994-1998, number of journal articles included in the ECONLIT database of the American Economic Association":

http://web.archive.org/web/20070717070525/http://homepages.ulb.ac.be/~tcoupe/ranklab11.html