From:
Roger Backhouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:15:42 +0000
This was sent some time ago, in response to Steve Kates's email, but it
was rejected because I sent it from the wrong email account:

There was no intention to ignore you and certainly no intention to
ignore remarks because they come from down under. Serious arguments
deserve response whoever they come from. We have responded to
criticism, made by several people, of our mention of Friedman and
Hayek. I am sorry that we overlooked your remark about Allyn Young.
This was not deliberate.

We are happy to be reminded of your new book, which I have not read.
Maybe it will provide a convincing new vision of capitalism. Perhaps
it will persuade us that no attention need be paid to the problem of
generating sufficient aggregate demand and that Keynes was misguided.
The only comment I can make is that I have read some of your work on
Say's Law, including the paper you presented in Oxford in September,
and I was not convinced by the arguments.

Roger