AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Tory Tronrud <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:35:25 -0400
As editor of Ontario History I appealed a few months ago to archivists in
Ontario for short descriptions of fonds for inclusion in the next issue of
the journal. The response was excellent and I want to take this opportunity
to thank all the archivists who took the time to participate. The following
archives and fonds will be included in the Autumn issue of Ontario History
due out by the end of 2005:

City of Toronto Archives: Lumbers Family Papers
Bruce County Archives: The Leeder Family of Saugeen Township fonds
Archives of Ontario: The records of David Thompson, Michael D. Harris, John
White, and Thomas Ridout
Hamilton Public Library: Ellen Louks Fairclough collection, Pringle Papers,
Planned Parenthood fonds, Brown-Hendrie Papers, and Land papers
Grey County Archives: William Kennedy and Sons collection
Elgin County Archives: Alma College, St. Thomas fonds

With the Spring 2006 issue underway, I am again eager to hear from
archivists about any new or underused accessions to your archives that might
be of interest to scholars of the province’s history. This is an opportunity
to tell researchers how they can make use of the papers among your holdings
and to gain a bit of publicity for your institution.

I am open to a wide range of material including personal papers, business,
labour or corporate records, film, electronic media, photographs and other
illustrative material, etc. A description of the records, some
biographical/organizational information, perhaps a note about accessibility
and extent and, most important, some indication of the subjects covered
would be wonderful. A one- or two-page entry is sufficient (approx. 300-900
words), written in a style that is accessible to the general reader (not
just a RAD entry). Photographs are most welcome.

Tory Tronrud
Editor
Ontario History