AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Misty De Meo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Misty De Meo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:22:42 -0400
With apologies for the cross-posting,

I am very pleased to announce the relaunch of the innovative Our Brant
local history wiki operated by the County of Brant Public Library,
available at http://ourbrant.wikia.com/ Our Brant is an open,
user-editable wiki focusing on the history of the County of Brant,
Ontario. It features spaces for residents to share memories about the
region's past, as well as to collaborate on wiki-style articles about
famous county places and people. Our Brant was demonstrated in beta form
at the ACA 2010 conference in June.

The site has relaunched with a much cleaner, modern look which brings a
streamlined, user-friendly way for users to interact with the site. A
key feature of Our Brant is its ease of use for users who are unfamiliar
with wikis.

Other new features include a new user-editable cemetery burial record
database, which is integrated with the site's genealogical features.

We invite you to explore Our Brant and experience this exciting new way
to learn about the region's history! More changes are coming in the next
several weeks and months, bringing new information and photos as well as
new ways to browse the site's content.

Misty De Meo
Digitization Assistant
County of Brant Public Library, Paris Branch
12 William St, Paris, ON
519-442-2433

See historical documents and photos from the County of Brant online!
Visit http://images.ourontario.ca/brant
Share your memories and family history online at Our Brant.
http://ourbrant.wikia.com