From:
Robin Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 2009 08:32:22 -0400

      I depends on what you mean by "History of Economic Thought".
Much that is presented as the "current state" of some sub division
of Economics is history of economic thought, as is much that
appears in debate between present day schools of thought.  In this
form the history of economic thought is obviously
alive and well, but this form does not quite fit in with what is produced
by those who profess to be  historians of economic thought; so
it seems to me.  I suggest that the JOURNAL OF ECONOMIC
PERSPECTIVES would be a good place to start.

      As for teaching: curiosity, catholicity of mind, and attachment
to "truth" will not get you rave reviews, but they will get you
through.

Robin Neill.