From:
[log in to unmask] (Matthias Klaes)
Date:

Robin Foliet Neill wrote:

> But a question remains as to whether the History of Economics is a
> subdiscipline of the History of Ideas or of Intellectual History.

Or of social history. In my own biased ways, I tend to focus on the
Schumpeter who accepted a radical Mannheimian position ('all systems of
ideas have ideological character') and added that ideologies don't have
to be lies. This is similar to the position one can find today in the
'strong' quarters of the sociology of scientific knowledge.

Matthias Klaes