From:
[log in to unmask] (Peter Boettke)
Date:
======================= HES POSTING ====================

As of January 1998 I have assumed the editorship of the Review of
Austrian Economics (Kluwer Academic Publishers).  The previous editors
have moved to another journal project with Transactions Press, and Kluwer
asked me to restructure the editorial board and pick up the task of
building the journal within the community of scholars.  A web site devoted
to the RAE will be established in the next few weeks and will be able to
accessed from the Society for the Development of Austrian Economics web
site.  The new editorial board has been formed and we are putting together
a double-issue for Vol. 11, nos. 1-2 (1998).  After this year, all volumes
will be 2 numbers per year -- until we move to 3 or 4 issues over the next
5 years as the flow of manuscripts warrants.  Papers that are accepted for
review, will go through a double-blind refereeing process, and I am
striving to have a 6 to 8 week turn around on manuscripts.

Thus, I would like to announce a call for papers for the Review of Austrian
Economics.  For the 1998 volume I am particularly interested in papers
which address the following:

* An assessment of Mises and his legacy 25 years after his death.

* Empirical work on the origin and evolution on the institutions of
capitalism.

* Contemporary history on financial crises, such as that recently
experienced in Asia, in light of the Austrian theory of the trade cycle (or
in contradiction of it).

* Work of a theoretical or empirical nature dealing with the transition
economies and emerging market economies in general.

The Review will not be run on themes, but rather will run as an on-going
open submission forum, so papers beyond these topics are more than welcomed
and encouraged.  Of particular interest to readers of this list is that
work in the history of economic thought and methodology as it relates to
issues raised in the Austrian literature (very broadly defined) is strongly
encouraged.

If you have any questions about the RAE, do not hesitate to contact me.
All correspondence until August 1998 should be directed to Peter J.
Boettke, Editor, The Review of Austrian Economics, 151 Clubhouse Drive,
Middletown, NJ 07748.