From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
Does anyone know of published treatments of the relation between the work
of Thorstein Veblen and Max Weber? Or does anyone working on Veblen know
what the relation might be? Did Veblen, for example, read Weber's work in
German?

I ask because several of us have been pursuing the trail of Frank Knight's
relation to Weber, and I realized that one avenue I have not followed up
on is the Veblen connection. Knight read and discussed Veblen's work
extensively with Innis, Copeland, Clark, Wright, and others at Chicago in
the late teens and then translated Weber in the mid-1920s.

Thanks for any help people can offer.

Ross

Ross B. Emmett                Editor, HES and Co-manager CIRLA-L
Augustana University College
Camrose, Alberta CANADA   T4V 2R3
voice: (403) 679-1517   fax: (403) 679-1129
e-mail: [log in to unmask]  or  [log in to unmask]