AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Sender:
"A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
David Hallam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:09:10 -0400
As some of the readers of this list will know, I operated a
preservation microfilming business here in London since 1982. The
business is now closed, and I wish to find a good home for the
equipment that made it all possible. At the risk of appearing crass
and commercial, I have listed it below, with what I believe is it's
fair value as used equipment, along with an offer for sale at a
reduced value.

If any of you, or anybody you know, is interested in acquiring this
equipment either as a package or as individual pieces, please contact
me by any means available. I would prefer to dispose of it as a
package, of course since it constitutes a complete lab as is. Offers
will be considered.

Time is of the essence, as my storage options are constrained.

INFORMATION GRAPHICS - ASSET DISPOSAL - MICROFILMING

     Bell & Howell File Master Camera 16mm          2,500
Designed for filming loose page files at
21 to 29 reductions. Automatic exposure,
very high resolution. I've also used it
for filming Tabloid size newspapers with
great success

     Recordak MRD-2 camera 35mm & 16mm              5,000
THE camera for filming everything from
pamphlets, loose papers, books and registers
to Folio newspapers. Indispensable.

     Recordak Prostar roll microfilm processor      5,000
Process a 100' roll of film (16mm or 35mm)
dry to dry in 20 minutes.

     Itek Roll Microfilm Duplicator                 5,000
Silver to silver (the ONLY standard for
archival) duplicator for 16mm, 35mm &
70mm roll microfilm. Takes up to 1000'
rolls, just in case you have some.

     NMI Microfiche Jacket Loader                   1,000
Inserts 16mm film into polyester sleeves
& cuts the strips to length. You can do
it by hand, but this is more precise,
quicker and saves a lot of work.

     Recordak Microfiche duplicator                 4,000
Expose your microfiche (positive or
negative) onto diazo, vesicular
duplicating stock.

     Microbra diazo microfiche developer              500
Liquid ammonia diazo microfiche developer.

     Microbra vesicular microfiche developer          500
Thermal vesicular microfiche developer
                                                   =======
                        REPLACEMENT VALUE (CA$)   23,500

                         SALE PRICE        (CA$)   15,000

Crating and shipping extra, at cost.

Any and all ancillary bits, pieces (there are things like a
densitometer, inspection station, various supplies etc.) and
documentation goes with this, of course.

I will also be prepared to go and set it up and provide basic
instruction in operation, for expenses.

(519) 434-5803

David Hallam
166 John Street #2