AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
"Hughey, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hughey, Bill
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 15:35:59 -0400
At the Guelph Public Library, we charge a $25.00/hour research fee. This
fee was first introduced for genealogical searches (which are conducted
by one of our librarians rather than the archivist) but we apply it in
those cases where patrons want detailed archival research conducted as
well. It is left to the discretion of the archivist to determine what is
a reference and what is a research question and we tend to be fairly
liberal in defining "reference"  - i.e. even if it is a research
question proper, but is a quick one to respond to, we would not apply
the fee.

Bill Hughey, Archivist
Guelph Public Library
100 Norfolk Street